Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dedication, or Expunging the schmaltzy crud from my system

... any of it that didn't already come out in the inscription poem, that is. 

This blog is for many people, whether you know it, or don't yet, or never will - whether I know you already or my life has yet to be graced by your presence.


Any thought and feeling may create a world; still (in my view), the best worlds are created in love. I cannot give a straight summary of the the continuous flow of inspirations I receive, urging me to shape my own tiny world with laughter and hope, with grounding reason and rare compassion. 

I do not know much to speak of, and I may not even know to whom I'm speaking it – to whom I am trying to prove anything, beyond myself. Whatever truth I do know springs from love, the unspeakable language, and all I post here will be various transpositions of that, into the words upon which everything hinges.  

Forgive me the sentimentality. You deserve great respect just for sticking with me this far. I promise, I will endeavour to honour you for it.  

And that, as Mr. Darcy would say, is the material point.

2 comments: